Vata Daily Routine
A regular daily routine is the best kept secret of the ages. By adopting a regular daily routine much of the niggling discomforts caused by Vata imbalance are spontaneously addressed. A regular daily routine is like health insurance for sustainable wellbeing today, tomorrow and into your future. As the Ayurvedic wisdom guides “Your body today is the result of your choices yesterday and your body tomorrow will be the result of your choices today”.
- Choose to establish a regular daily routine as the framework for daily activities.
- To get started, tick off what you are already doing, and then consider what you would like to add to your daily routine.
- The items in green are the most important balancing choices to adopt for you. Adopt changes easily, one step at a time.
- Arise early in the morning around sunrise, wake naturally without an alarm.
- Evacuate bowel and bladder first thing upon rising. To help restore this natural pattern of elimination take Digest Tone 2-4 tablets at bedtime .
- Clean teeth and scrape tongue.
- Apply Vata Massage Oil to your full body then bathe or shower Self Massage instructions Aim to do this most days if possible.
- Quiet Time Meditation (TM New Zealand or TM Australia)
- Breakfast is a must have for you. Have 1 cup of Vata Tea with breakfast.
- Engage in work or study
- Stop for lunch at a regular time. Select a time to have lunch between 11.30 and 1.00pm and eat lunch at this time most days.
- Eat with full attention without reading, working, driving, talking on the phone etc. Give eating your full attention for best nutrition.
- Favour Vata Pacifying Foods. Sip Vata Tea and sprinkle Vata Seasonal Spice Mixture over savoury foods
- Sit quietly for 5-10 minutes following lunch. Then take a 10 minute stroll to aid digestion.
- Strengthen digestion as it can be variable. Take Digest Plus 1-2 tablets 15 – 30 minutes after lunch.
- Work or study Quiet Time – Meditation (TM New Zealand or TM Australia)
- Have your evening meal between 5.30 and 6.30pm regularly. Make it warm and tasty (see Vata food list)
- Relax in the evenings to calm the mind well before you go to bed to aid a good night sleep.
- Avoid computer work or study after 7pm and avoid fast moving and aggressive movies, TV etc.
- Early to bed by 9.30 to 9.50pm, with light out by 10.00 pm.
- Keep the bedroom as a sleep zone. No computers, phones, tablets, books etc.